Queens Park Leisure Centre, St Helens
When the £4-MILLION leisure complex opened its doors more than 1,000 people immediately signed up for membership. To make the first floor accessible Ability Lifts installed a fully glazed Optimum 100, Ability Lifts of Sheffield were pleased to install the Optimum 100 vertical platform lift, the fully glazed shaft and dark grey powder coated trim helped to keep the open plan feel while fitting perfectly into the stairwell , this also meant that the ultra modern fitness facility with 50 stations and views across St Helens and into the pool hall was accessible to all along with the changing rooms and showers. The treatment room fitted to ‘spa’ standard and the multi-use room, designed for meetings and small group activity classes for up to 20 people.
Reasons for selecting the Optimum 100
This is a great product offering many benefits and cost saving’s over other types of platform lifts.
– The motor size is .55k and not 2.2kw, saving 75% of the energy used by screwlifts.
– The footprint is up to 250mm smaller in width for the 1100mm x 1400mm platform.
– The guided chain system is expected to Last a minimum of 25 years and it is virtually maintenance free.
– The motor is housed within the lift Structure at the upper level (screw lift motors ride with the platform) this makes the Optimum 100 ride smoother and quieter.
– A separate motor room is not required and there is no danger of oil leakage.
– There is no need you to provide a certified lifting beam (most screw lifts require this) this is quite an expensive item if required.
– Most screw lift systems are fitted with very long and heavy masts that require fastening back to walls, they are also quite awkward to get on site.
– The Optimum 100 is built ground up and all parts will pass through normal doors.